All Apps and Add-ons

How to write a search to display data from my database in a statistics table in my dashboard?

yzimmer

Hi everybody!

I have got my Database like that :
alt text

And I would like to do a "Statistics Table" in my Dashboard like that :
alt text

So I would like to :
1) Use only all property who start with the "U" letter
2) Count only when it's different of "null" or "" values

Can you help me ? I am trying to do that but it's so hard for me...
Thanx

0 Karma
1 Solution

sundareshr
Legend

Try this

your base search | stats count(U*) as U* | transpose | rename column AS Property row1 AS count

View solution in original post

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Give this a try

your base search | table U* | eval temp=1 | untable temp Property value | where isnotnull(value) AND value!="" | stats count by Property
0 Karma

yzimmer

Hi Somesoni2!

Thanx for your answer 😉

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

Try this

your base search | stats count(U*) as U* | transpose | rename column AS Property row1 AS count
0 Karma

yzimmer

Thank you a lot to you three!

Sundareshr your answer works perfectly! @somesoni2, your answer works too! Splunk only accepts one accepted answer for the forum, but your two ways work as I want!

Have a good day !

0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You may have to modify it slightly to fit your exact needs, but try something like

... PROPERTY=U* | stats count by PROPERTY

Where ... is your other base search filtering, like on index or whatever that gets you your screenshot.

PROPERTY=U* will include only your ones starting with U (which obviously makes the null ones go away). For "empty" values, well, it really depends on exactly what you are doing calculation-wise. Can you confirm they're an actual problem once you do the above, and if so include a few rows that should be not included and what your search is?

0 Karma

yzimmer

Hi rich7177! Thanx for your answer!
I tried your code like that but it doesn't work :

* | PROPERTY=U* | stats count by PROPERTY

I also tried to modify it but it doesn't work too :

* | PROPERTY=UD818_APPLICATIONNAME | stats count by PROPERTY

I don't understand why Splunk doesn't want to add the PROPERTY because that works (but this is not what I want...) :

* | stats count by UD818_APPLICATIONNAME

alt text

Do you have an other idea?

Thanx a lot!

0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

No pipe before it. I didn't know your base search so I just put elipses there. To that just add the rest.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...