All Apps and Add-ons

How to use $HOSTNAME Linux environment variables in forwarder's inputs.conf to identify servers by hostname?

ivangutev
Engager

Hello,

I am trying to use the $HOSTNAME Linux environment variable in inputs.conf of splunkforwarder, because I would like to identify servers by hostname. I wonder is that possible and how, because I have tried already to set a HOST variable and to pass the content into host = $(HOST)-webserver but somehow that is not working.

Can you help me please?

Thanks,
Ivan

0 Karma
1 Solution

ivangutev
Engager

I found a solution. If I do not set the host in inputs.conf, it will use the hostname of the server and therefore I can identify it this way.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ivangutev
Engager

I found a solution. If I do not set the host in inputs.conf, it will use the hostname of the server and therefore I can identify it this way.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...