All Apps and Add-ons

How to update the Splunk Common Information Model in Splunk Cloud 8.2.2201.1 (Victoria Experience)?

cankevinlaurent
Engager

Hello everyone,

I'd like to update one of the Splunk Apps -- Splunk Common Information Model, from 4.20.2 to 5.0.1 to eliminate its jQuery3.5 incompatibility issue. The platform I'm using is Splunk Cloud 8.2.2201.1 (Victoria Experience)

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 8.51.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 8.52.10 AM.png

Although I can update it to 5.0.1 via Splunk Cloud > Apps > Manage Apps, to my surprise, it rolled back to its previous version 4.20.2 after the Splunk Cloud restart.

There is one thing I should mention: after the update, there was immediately a Setup request. Although I didn't know how to set it up, I did change many default configurations -- I even provided it with a "fake" API key. However, it still rolled back to the previous version. Besides, the provided key also disappeared after its rollback.

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 8.52.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 8.53.41 AM.png

Any suggestions on how to update it, please?

Thank you very much!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

shivanshu1593
Builder

I think this should be reported to Splunk with a support ticket since its Splunkcloud. They can take a look at the rollback problem.

Thank you,
Shiv
###If you found the answer helpful, kindly consider upvoting/accepting it as the answer as it helps other Splunkers find the solutions to similar issues###
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...