All Apps and Add-ons

How to update the Splunk Common Information Model in Splunk Cloud 8.2.2201.1 (Victoria Experience)?

cankevinlaurent
Engager

Hello everyone,

I'd like to update one of the Splunk Apps -- Splunk Common Information Model, from 4.20.2 to 5.0.1 to eliminate its jQuery3.5 incompatibility issue. The platform I'm using is Splunk Cloud 8.2.2201.1 (Victoria Experience)

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 8.51.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 8.52.10 AM.png

Although I can update it to 5.0.1 via Splunk Cloud > Apps > Manage Apps, to my surprise, it rolled back to its previous version 4.20.2 after the Splunk Cloud restart.

There is one thing I should mention: after the update, there was immediately a Setup request. Although I didn't know how to set it up, I did change many default configurations -- I even provided it with a "fake" API key. However, it still rolled back to the previous version. Besides, the provided key also disappeared after its rollback.

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 8.52.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 8.53.41 AM.png

Any suggestions on how to update it, please?

Thank you very much!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

shivanshu1593
Builder

I think this should be reported to Splunk with a support ticket since its Splunkcloud. They can take a look at the rollback problem.

Thank you,
Shiv
###If you found the answer helpful, kindly consider upvoting/accepting it as the answer as it helps other Splunkers find the solutions to similar issues###
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...