All Apps and Add-ons

How to troubleshoot why I'm not seeing any data using the Airport App in Splunk Free 6.3 on OpenSUSE 13.2?

darknetone
Explorer

I am running Splunk 6.3 Enterprise (Free) running on OpenSUSE 13.2 at home attempting to use the Airport App. and no far I have not seen any data. Any ideas hints etc...?

Thank!

0 Karma
1 Solution

darknetone
Explorer

I contacted the developer and he pointed out that it uses syslog, I have no idea whay I had SNMP stuk in my head. It works quite well now.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

darknetone
Explorer

I contacted the developer and he pointed out that it uses syslog, I have no idea whay I had SNMP stuk in my head. It works quite well now.

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I converted your comment to an answer. Please mark as such.

ppablo
Retired

thanks @jkat54!

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Did you read the documentation? This is for Apple machines not OpenSUSE so i'm pretty sure you havent installed Airport Utility v5.6.1 as required by the app. Note the author also says it has to be version 5.6.1 as latest versions removed this capability.

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1738/#/documentation

alt text

0 Karma

darknetone
Explorer

Yes, I read the one sentence of documentation, and assume I needed to enable SNMP, which I did using Airport Utility 5.6.1 on my MAC Mini. On my OPenSUSE machine which runs Splunk 6.3 Enterprise, I added the Airport APP. No data in Splunk from my Airport Extreme, is there anything else that need to be done. With so little documentation I wonder if I am missing something.

0 Karma

AddisonPhi

You can send Syslog by exporting the baseconfg file to your machine and reuploading it via the current Airport App.
https://fritshoogland.wordpress.com/2016/08/05/how-to-make-apple-airport-wifi-routers-do-remote-logg...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...