All Apps and Add-ons

How to trigger alert based on time series forecasting model?

yam2002

Hi,

I am trying to forecast %sales against time. I used the time series forecasting model in Splunk and have received prediction against time. (used kalman filter and kept Future timespan as 1112, Data received through a lookup CSV)

I have already created an alert for this experiment based on forecasting value greater than 80% and have kept the action as email however the alert is not getting triggered.

Can you please suggest how to trigger the alert?
Is there any setting which are to be changed(already set up email settings)?
Can this use case be implemented using Splunk?

0 Karma

aberkow
Builder

Are you certain the alert should have been triggered? (i.e. you ran the search over the time frame of an alert and it had a value greater than .8?) If so, you can look in the _internal logs to see why the alert (search index=_internal {nameOfAlert} ("error" OR "fail")) wasn't working. Otherwise, could you clarify what you're asking?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...