All Apps and Add-ons

How to triage why DBConnect is skipping records from Oracle DB

goonie
Explorer

I am trying to pull data from an  Oracle DB that has very high volume of data, like hundreds of data per second.  But the input is skipping some records intermittently. 

I am pulling data using below configuration :
Query Timeout:120
Max Rows to Retrieve : 0
Fetch Size : 10000
Execution Frequency : */10 * * * *

I have tried using two inputs using two different rising column ( one of them is an Unique ID field, another is a time field), but both the inputs are skipping the same records.  However, we are not finding any abnormalities with those records while checking from the DB. 

Any idea what may be the cause of the issue or any suggestion on how to triage the issue? 

Labels (3)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Is there any pattern to the skipped records?

The databased receives hundreds of rows per second, yet the configuration reads 10,000 records every 10 minutes.  In 10 minutes, the DB may have received more than 60,000 records.  Expect to fall far behind quickly.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...