All Apps and Add-ons

How to setup splunk db connect

danilreddy
Loves-to-Learn Everything

Hi,

I have installed splunk 8.1.8 on my linux. On login to splunk UI, I have gone through apps and installed splunk_db_connect by uploading the zip file splunk-db-connect_380.zip. 

Then when I go to splunk_db_connect and setup. It is giving errors like 

"cant communicate with task server, please check your settings"

"str object have no attribute decode"

etc error messages in the UI.

On restarting splunk and on running btool I see the below message 

Checking: /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/default/inputs.conf
Invalid key in stanza [server] in /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/default/inputs.conf, line 2: run_only_one (value: false).
Invalid key in stanza [dbxquery] in /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/default/inputs.conf, line 5: run_only_one (value: false).

In logs, I see only one log file related to splunk_db_connect. The file name is splunk_app_db_connect_dbx.log. I cant see other files. In this log file I see below errors 

2022-02-18T06:45:18-0600 [ERROR] [settings.py], line 89 : Throwing an exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/bin/dbx2/rest/settings.py", line 76, in handle_POST
self.validate_java_home(payload["javaHome"])
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/bin/dbx2/rest/settings.py", line 215, in validate_java_home
is_valid, reason = validateJRE(java_cmd)
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/bin/dbx2/jre_validator.py", line 73, in validateJRE
output = output.decode('utf-8')
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'decode'

Below is the snapshot of splunk_db_connect settings in the UI

danilreddy_0-1645190135157.png

Please help me how to resolve the issues and setup splunk DB connect succesfully.

Thanking you.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...