All Apps and Add-ons

How to set up the Kafka Messaging Modular Input in a Splunk 6.2.4 search head clustering environment?

glancaster
Path Finder

I'm trying to get this set up, but I'm a little mixed up... the directions mention:

Configuration

As this is a Modular Input , you can then configure your Kafka inputs via Manager->Data Inputs->Kafka. The field entry should be straightforward and intuitive for anyone with basic experience with Kafka / Zookeeper.

But I'm not seeing this as an option as we will need to distribute the app out to a forwarder and the app doesn't come with an inputs.conf or an inputs.conf.spec for a reference. I tried looking at this through the GUI on my Search Head, but there was also no option for a kafka input. I'm running Search Head Clustering which I assume is the issue. I'm not exactly sure what is needed, but I could certainly be missing something easy. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Running 6.2.4

0 Karma
1 Solution

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

In a distributed environment , you should not install it on a SH / SH Cluster.

It certainly does come with with an inputs.conf.spec , otherwise it would never work.

$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/kafka_ta/README/inputs.conf.spec

alt text

View solution in original post

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

In a distributed environment , you should not install it on a SH / SH Cluster.

It certainly does come with with an inputs.conf.spec , otherwise it would never work.

$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/kafka_ta/README/inputs.conf.spec

alt text

glancaster
Path Finder

D'oh! Thanks Damien!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...