All Apps and Add-ons

How to set up Metrics Index for dashboard?

Federico92
Path Finder

Hi all!

I need to store more than 500.000 events in an event index and apply aggregation logic that produces metrics to display on a dashboard. I want to use a metrics index to store these metrics so I can improve the performance of the dashboard. The dashboard will have some filters that could generate n! different combinations (one combination per set of filter values).

My concern is that in order to be able to guarantee acceptable response times I will need to generate a metric for every possible combination of the filters, and that just seems excessive.

Is this the only way to achieve what I am looking for?

Labels (3)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What problem are you trying to solve?  Once that is understood then we can offer suggestions.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

Federico92
Path Finder

I need to calculate some metrics for dashboarding (es count of records), but the calculation should be responsive to some dashboard filters

For example, I had stored in metrics index the record count that have value=100
If I change the value of one filter in the dashboard, this value should be 10

I need some suggestion on how make this requirement with metrics index

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...