All Apps and Add-ons

How to set an alert on Salesforce to "Run Script" trigger action?

arist0telis
Explorer

Has anyone here set an alert in Splunk monitoring of Salesforce that runs a script on alert action that calls back in to the org? I'm just now looking at the possibility of creating some "self healing" alerting for a recurring issue we have in SF prod (scheduled batch jobs falling out of queue) and saw the option to run a script in Splunk on alert.

Salesforce has an executeanonymous (string apexcode) method through Tooling API exposed in both SOAP and REST. My thought was to have a class built in my SF Prod org that Splunk could just call in to which would handle the logic of finding what's fallen out of spool & kick off the script to put it back in the hopper. 

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...