All Apps and Add-ons

How to save/configure the DB SQL query input which is returning the Zero rows results at the point of save/configuration in Splunk DB connect app V2. Please provide the solution i.e. without using back-end configuration and Splunk service restart.

arunsunny
Path Finder

How to save/configure the DB SQL query input which is returning the Zero rows results at the point of save/configuration in Splunk DB connect app V2. Please provide the solution i.e. without using back-end configuration and Splunk service restart.

0 Karma
1 Solution

tweaktubbie
Communicator

Saving any query producing a result, and editing the inputs.conf of the app containing that query, will be picked up immediately without refresh/reload actions. But it remains weird even with last months version 3.2.1 you still can't push the Save button. Obviously it didn't come to the programmer's mind queries like checks for rare situations or states/events will be run that don't produce results. But 'hacking' the conf file does not sound typo proof and is for multiple administrative actions an unnecessary amount of work. This definitely has to be fixed in 3.2.2

View solution in original post

0 Karma

tweaktubbie
Communicator

Saving any query producing a result, and editing the inputs.conf of the app containing that query, will be picked up immediately without refresh/reload actions. But it remains weird even with last months version 3.2.1 you still can't push the Save button. Obviously it didn't come to the programmer's mind queries like checks for rare situations or states/events will be run that don't produce results. But 'hacking' the conf file does not sound typo proof and is for multiple administrative actions an unnecessary amount of work. This definitely has to be fixed in 3.2.2

0 Karma

arunsunny
Path Finder

Somehow I find out work around, It will use back-end configuration but we can avoid the Splunk service restart.

Manually edit the inputs.conf and performed the below.

For DB Connect v1 : splunk _internal call /services/apps/local/dbx/_reload

For DB Connect v2 : splunk _internal call /services/apps/local/splunk_app_db_connect/_reload

0 Karma

tweaktubbie
Communicator

I don't know why my inputs-file change gets picked up immediately... On V2 it does, that's the reason we migrated from V1. That reload call didn't work for us, and restarting the splunk server locally was the only option.

But it is annoying as we have DBA's maintaining the DB Connect app contents; and now we have to set/change their queries in config files. Why did they implement this 0 Result issue that V1 didn't have... Glad you have a work around though! 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...