All Apps and Add-ons

How to resolve eventid.net setup issue?

oak

I have installed eventid.net but it keeps saying it is not configured yet.  What am i missing in the config.  I attached screenshots to assist.2023-01-10_eventid001.jpg2023-01-10_eventid002.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Karma

oak

Hi Rich,

I was mainly looking at the screenshots he had and was interested in using it as it had a much more user friendly ability to look at the events etc.  If you see the screenshots it is more user friendly so I wanted to look at that and see how it showed events and could be worked with.

2023-01-12_EventID.jpg2023-01-12_EventID 02.jpg

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Universal Forwarders only transport data from endpoints to Splunk. Visualization is another matter.  I don't know if the eventid.net dashboards will work without the matching add-on (I suspect not), but perhaps you can re-write those dashboards to use data from other add-ons.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That app is more than 4 years old and so may be incompatible with your version of Splunk.

Have you tried contacting the app author or support (support@altairtech.ca)?

---
0 Karma

oak

Thank You for responding and I was wondering if we want to monitor Windows Event logs using the Splunk Forwarders similar to this product if it is outdated is there an addon you could recommend.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm not sure what problem you hoped to solve with the eventid.net app, but most sites get by pretty well using the Universal Forwarder to monitor Windows event logs.

The Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Windows (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/742) may help with onboarding of Windows data, but is not necessary.

---
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...