All Apps and Add-ons

How to remove the Google Maps Add-on from my Splunk 6.2 deployment?

matiasruiz
Engager

We have been contacted by Google as our Splunk is using the Google Maps app connecting to their API on our intranet.

As we really barely use it, I want to remove that App. I was able to disable it from the splunkmaster only, but not from the search heads. There is not a "disable" link there.

Any idea how to do this? For now, I disable the objects that use it, but I want to be 100% sure the App will remain disabled everywhere.

0 Karma
1 Solution

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you cant disable / remove the apps from the search heads then this means it was deployed from the deployment server. Open "forwarder management" from the deployment server and remove it from the server class there.

FYI, you shouldnt use the Deployment Server for search head apps if you're using a SH Cluster. If you have a SHC, then your apps will be found on the search head cluster deployer under /etc/shcluster/apps. To remove from SHC, you'lll delete the app folder from /etc/shcluster/apps on the SHC deployer and the push the shcluster bundle again.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.2/DistSearch/PropagateSHCconfigurationchanges

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you cant disable / remove the apps from the search heads then this means it was deployed from the deployment server. Open "forwarder management" from the deployment server and remove it from the server class there.

FYI, you shouldnt use the Deployment Server for search head apps if you're using a SH Cluster. If you have a SHC, then your apps will be found on the search head cluster deployer under /etc/shcluster/apps. To remove from SHC, you'lll delete the app folder from /etc/shcluster/apps on the SHC deployer and the push the shcluster bundle again.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.2/DistSearch/PropagateSHCconfigurationchanges

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...