All Apps and Add-ons

How to remove slashes from ACS or ISE logs?

awurster
Contributor

not so much a question... more of an answer.

i had a lot of log messages with slashes before the field separating commas. something like:

2015-01-05T14:47:25+00:00 acs02 CSCOacs_Passed_Authentications 0014607956 6 5  ExternalGroups=cn=my-group\,ou=Groups\,dc=my-org\,dc=com, ...

ACS version is acs-5.5.0.46-B.723. splunk 6.1.3 and TA for ACS is the latest.

1 Solution

awurster
Contributor

i've added the following line to my props.conf to clean that event data from ACS logs. same trick i used from an old version of the ISE app. i'm fairly certain it's a bug / enhancement on the cisco side for both products.

[cisco:acs]
SEDCMD-clean_logs = s/\\\,/,/g

View solution in original post

awurster
Contributor

i've added the following line to my props.conf to clean that event data from ACS logs. same trick i used from an old version of the ISE app. i'm fairly certain it's a bug / enhancement on the cisco side for both products.

[cisco:acs]
SEDCMD-clean_logs = s/\\\,/,/g

dshpritz
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Nice work. I haven't seen this in the samples that I have. You may want to edit this question to have a a question like "How can I remove these slashes from my ACS logs?" and then answer it. That way we can upvote it and it can be marked as answered!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...