All Apps and Add-ons

How to only get the message body from JMS Messaging Modular Input?

roneng

Hello,
I started using JMS Messaging Modular Input. I send a message to a jms queue that have the body: key1="a" key2="b".
The JMS Messaging Modular Input generate a splunk event that looks like:
Sun JUL 15 10:545:44 2018 name=QUEUE_msg_received event_id=ID:<...> msg_dest=jms/splunk/test msg_body=key1="a" key2="b".
I want that the splunk event will have only the msg_body value (i.e: key1="a" key2="b") and not the other things, any ideas how to configure it?
the "Index messaged header field" checkbox is UNCHECKED.

thanks,
Ronen

0 Karma
1 Solution

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Declare a built in custom message handler , com.splunk.modinput.jms.custom.handler.BodyOnlyMessageHandler

alt text

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Declare a built in custom message handler , com.splunk.modinput.jms.custom.handler.BodyOnlyMessageHandler

alt text

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...