All Apps and Add-ons

How to make white space in Network Diagram viz unclickable ?

rohit_d
Engager

Hi, I have made Splunk Dashboard using Network Diagram viz (below snip). Requirement was to click on nodes so that it redirect to another URL or dashboard, which I have achieved using : Drilldown -> Link to Custom url -> https://xyz.splunkcloud.com/en-US/app/$row.value|n$

Issue is if i am clicking on white space in network diagram it is also taking me to another url which should not happen. I only need nodes in diagram to be clickable not white space. Any insight into this will be very helpful.
spl: 

| makeresults count=12
| streamstats count as id 
| eval from=case(id=1,"Machine1", id=2,"Machine2", id=3,"Load Balancer", id=4,"Machine3", id=5,"Machine4", id=6,"Web Server", id=7,"User", id=8,"Database")
| eval to=case(id=1,"Load Balancer",id=2,"Load Balancer",id=3,"Web Server",id=4,"Load Balancer",id=5,"Load Balancer",id=6,"Database",id=7,"Database") 
| eval value=case(id=1,"HEALTHY",id=2,"HEALTHY",id=3,"WARNING",id=4,"WARNING",id=5,"UNHEALTHY",id=6,"WARNING",id=7,"HEALTHY",1=1,"No Data")
| eval color=case(value=="HEALTHY","green",value=="WARNING","yellow",value=="HIGH","orange",value=="UNHEALTHY","red",value=="No Data","grey")
| eval value=case(id=1,"machine1_dashboard",id=2,"machine2_dashboard",id=3,"load_balancer_dashboard")
| fields from, to, value, color

Thanks.
network_diagram.PNG

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@rohit_d 

It's look like is bug in Network Viz app. You can fix it by doing below change.

Open network-diagram-viz/appserver/static/visualizations/network-diagram-viz/visualization.js file.

Search for "_proto.handle_doubleclick_events"

Add below Patch code.

_proto.handle_doubleclick_events = function handle_doubleclick_events(obj) {
    if (this.parent_viz == null) {
        return;
    }
/* Patch Addded */
    if (obj.edges.length == 0) {
        return;
    }
/* Patch End */

Save it.

Bump the JS version.

https://localhost:8000/en-US/_bump

Run the dashboard and check drilldown.

Enjoy

🙂

KV

View solution in original post

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@rohit_d 

Can you please try this?

<drilldown>
          <condition match="$row.value$!=&quot;&quot;">
            <!-- Provide custom link  !-->
          </condition>
          <condition>
            <!-- Put it blank !-->
          </condition>
        </drilldown>

KV

rohit_d
Engager

Thanks for your reply. It partially resolved my issue.
If i refresh dashboard and click on white space, nothing is happening (which is good).
But when i click on any node to open another url/dashboard it opens fine and after that if i click on white space again it is taking me to same url which i clicked before.
It seems like when i click on node, url link is getting stored in $row.value$ and after that if i click anywhere in dashboard it is again taking me to same link.

0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@rohit_d 

It's look like is bug in Network Viz app. You can fix it by doing below change.

Open network-diagram-viz/appserver/static/visualizations/network-diagram-viz/visualization.js file.

Search for "_proto.handle_doubleclick_events"

Add below Patch code.

_proto.handle_doubleclick_events = function handle_doubleclick_events(obj) {
    if (this.parent_viz == null) {
        return;
    }
/* Patch Addded */
    if (obj.edges.length == 0) {
        return;
    }
/* Patch End */

Save it.

Bump the JS version.

https://localhost:8000/en-US/_bump

Run the dashboard and check drilldown.

Enjoy

🙂

KV

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...