All Apps and Add-ons

How to locate Splunk Add-on for HAProxy's prebuild panels

jjournet
Engager

Hello,

we are currently trying the add-in "Splunk Add-on for HAProxy". We want to analyse traffic and performance.

According to the documentation,  the add-on comes with "prebuilt panels" to analyze data.

After not finding them in Splunk various menus, I went into the source code, and there isn't even a single XML in the file (hence not a change to find a prebuilt panels).

Are they missing from some versions? are they available separately ?

Thank you

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

m_pham
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I also don't see the prebuilt panels they're talking about in the Docs and Splunkbase page, so it's safe to assume it was included in an older version but removed in the new one and the Docs and Splunkbase page was never updated. It's a pretty old TA with no recent updates so getting help with that may be hard.

http://<ip/hostname>:8000/en-US/manager/Splunk_TA_haproxy/data/ui/panels

View solution in original post

m_pham
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I also don't see the prebuilt panels they're talking about in the Docs and Splunkbase page, so it's safe to assume it was included in an older version but removed in the new one and the Docs and Splunkbase page was never updated. It's a pretty old TA with no recent updates so getting help with that may be hard.

http://<ip/hostname>:8000/en-US/manager/Splunk_TA_haproxy/data/ui/panels

jjournet
Engager

Hi @m_pham ,

thank you for your reply, and it make sense.

As it is an old app, is there a more recent app for HA Proxy, or do people implement their inputs/filters/transforms for HA Proxy on their own ?

thank you

0 Karma

m_pham
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I looked around and it doesn't appear to be another TA/app for it. So I assume people create their own TA or app for that - in terms of knowledge object related stuff (dashboards, CIM, lookups, index time configs). If the existing HAProxy TA has inputs stuff, you can use it for that and build your own stuff outside of that.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...