All Apps and Add-ons

How to invoke scripts from the TA for SNOW

hmaldonado
Explorer

I am able to run "sendalert snow_incident" manually from the search bar of Splunk, and this results in the creation of Incidents in ServiceNow. We have a need to be able to do this from the Alert Manager, and I would like to be able to use the External Workflow Actions to do it.
Simply by installing the TA for SNOW, there are two actions that become available in the External Workflow Actions of the Alert Manager, "snow_incident" and "snow_event", however, when I attempt to invoke the actions from the Incident Posture dashboard, I get no results.
I do not think Splunk is even attempting to run the action because there is nothing logged in Splunk internally that reflects success or failure, and there are no errors in the transform error logs in ServiceNow.

Has anyone been able to generate Incidents in ServiceNow by using the External Workflow actions of the Alert Manager?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...