All Apps and Add-ons

How to install and configure the Amazon Kinesis Modular Input in an indexer cluster?

ejharts2015
Communicator

How do you go about installing/setting up the kinesis app on clustered indexers?

I've tried pushing the app out via /masters-app but the new added input didn't show up.

I've also tried install the application locally on just one indexer and it still won't show up.

Also tried configuring the app on another standalone instance of splunk and then copy/pasting the configurations manually... with no such luck. Thoughts?

0 Karma
1 Solution

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Ideally in a distributed Splunk architecture , you should install the Kinesis Mod Input on a Universal Forwarder.

In this instance , there will be no UI , you have to configure your kinesis stanza in inputs.conf manually.

Any errors will be logged and searchable like : index=_internal ExecProcessor error kinesis.py

View solution in original post

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Ideally in a distributed Splunk architecture , you should install the Kinesis Mod Input on a Universal Forwarder.

In this instance , there will be no UI , you have to configure your kinesis stanza in inputs.conf manually.

Any errors will be logged and searchable like : index=_internal ExecProcessor error kinesis.py

ejharts2015
Communicator

I ended up on configuring this on a standalone splunk instance then manually copy/pasting the required configs into the /opt/splunk/etc/apps/launcher/local/inputs.conf to our one indexer we selected and installed the kinesis app.

Thanks for the advice!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...