All Apps and Add-ons

How to fix CPU=all Unix field not being retrieved?

igor04653
Loves-to-Learn Everything

No CPU.pngCPU.png

Hello Community.
Can you please tell me how to fix this, I don't understand why this is happening. I have explored various topics but have not been able to find a solution.
I have an application which is configured by Splunk_TA_nix on remote servers.
But not all servers are getting the CPU=all field
I first encountered this when a team with their dashboard contacted me. They had 2 lonely servers. On one of them the CPU field was extracted and the dashboard worked. On the other one it didn't work anymore.
I have set up a new server to forward the logs. But there was no CPU field on that one either.
I even installed the sysstat utility. But I can't figure it out yet. Thus I am asking for help. Regards to everyone

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @igor04653,

in addition to the question of @richgalloway, could you check if the version of installed Splunk_TA_nix is the same of the other servers?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

igor04653

Thank you for responding to my question. I checked the Splunk_TA_nix version. On the working server and on the new one where it doesn't work - they are the same.
In the inputs.conf settings the same parameters are included.
But I noticed a difference in the versions of the Universal Forwarder agent
On the working server, version 7.3.3 is used
I installed 8.2.6
There is also a difference in operating system versions.
The working one uses Oracle Linux. And I do the setup on Ubuntu server 20.04.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @igor04653,

after UF upgrade is the problem still present?

The operative system version shouldn't be so relevant, to be sure, try to manually run scripts in that UF.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Is the TA installed on all servers and is the cpu_metric.sh input enabled on them all?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

igor04653

Thank you for responding to my question. I checked the parameters of the inputs.conf file
They are configured like this on both servers

# Shows stats per CPU (useful for SMP machines)
[script://./bin/cpu.sh]
sourcecetype = cpu
source = cpu
interval = 300
index = os
disabled = 0

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...