All Apps and Add-ons

How to filter last 24hrs events from inputlookup

gopiven
Explorer

Hello Splunk Experts

As I have scheduled search(running every hr) creating output lookup file and from there I am using that as input lookup in my dashboards to draw trends for last 7 days and 24 hrs.
However for last 7 days I am able to draw the trend but for 24 hrs I dont know how to filter the events from the overall lookup.

Overall the lookup contains 7 days data and I need to draw the trend for last 7 days and 24 hrs trend.

Kindly help me with the concept please.

Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

siddharthkhatsu
Explorer

| inputlookup lookupname | addinfo | where time_field < info_max_time and time_field> info_min_time

P.S. it works best if you have your time field in epoch, else you need to do pre processing on your time field like

| inputlookup lookupname | eval time_field= strptime(time_field, time_format) | addinfo | where time_field < info_max_time and time_field> info_min_time

View solution in original post

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

|inputlookup YourLookupFileWithTimeDateFieldHere
| where _time >= relative_time(now(), "-24h")

gopiven
Explorer

Thanks Woodcock for the response.

0 Karma

siddharthkhatsu
Explorer

| inputlookup lookupname | addinfo | where time_field < info_max_time and time_field> info_min_time

P.S. it works best if you have your time field in epoch, else you need to do pre processing on your time field like

| inputlookup lookupname | eval time_field= strptime(time_field, time_format) | addinfo | where time_field < info_max_time and time_field> info_min_time

gopiven
Explorer

Thanks Sid - It worked for me.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...