All Apps and Add-ons

How to extract the key value pairs?

santhgates
Engager

Below is an example of my event:

Timestamp="05/18/14 11:25:16 AM PDT" SessionIndex="2" Action="STATSDAILY" Version="2.1.10" Platform="Android" Device="HTC One" Params="{coinsEarned : 1800,coinsSpent : 1100,experienceEarned : 2460,timeSpent : 4417,diamondsEarned : 3,diamondsSpent : 18,noOfSessions : 4,energySpent : 7,gamesCompleted : 5}"

In the above event, in the field "Params", I need to extract the keys as the fields and their values as values for the new fields. So a new field "coinsEarned" should be extracted and its value should be "1800" for this event. Similarly for all the key-value pairs in the field Params.

Can someone help me with the regular expression to get the desired results?

1 Solution

jameshgibson
Path Finder

You can just add this to your search:

| extract pairdelim="\"{,}" kvdelim=":"

View solution in original post

yonmost
Engager

Here is what worked for me:

| makemv tokenizer="([^,]+)," Params | mvexpand line
| rex field=Params "(?<key>[^{:]+) : (?<value>[0-9]+)"
0 Karma

jameshgibson
Path Finder

You can just add this to your search:

| extract pairdelim="\"{,}" kvdelim=":"

haraksin
Path Finder

I used the following to help with this at search time with key-value pairs that had space delimiters and = key delimiters:

| extract pairdelim=" " kvdelim="="

This also works when your KV pairs optionally have quotation marks for data that contains whitespace.

0 Karma

bnikhil0584
Explorer

How to extract something like all the key-value pairs in the field Params ?

Timestamp="05/18/14 11:25:16 AM PDT" SessionIndex="2" Action="STATSDAILY" Version="2.1.10" Platform="Android" Device="HTC One" Params={"coinsEarned":"1800","coinsSpent":"no coins spent","experienceEarned":"2460","timeSpent":"4417","}

I've tried this but no luck

...| extract pairdelim="\"{,}" kvdelim=":"

Thank in advance

0 Karma

yonmost
Engager

I have a similar situation and this answer doesn't work for me. How does the extract command know to work on the Params field? It's not mentioned anywhere

0 Karma

santhgates
Engager

Perfect! You saved my day 🙂

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...