All Apps and Add-ons

How to do log filtering on Splunk Add-on for Crowdstrike FDR?

fredd
Explorer

Hello,

I have a question about the Splunk Add-on for Crowdstrike FDR developed by Splunk - I would like to filter out events in addition to what the add-on provides - that is filtering by event_simpleName. My exact use case is I want to drop events with IsOnRemovableDisk\"\:\"1 in the raw message. I tried to do it using props/transforms applying to the appropriate sourcetype, yet it does not seem to be applied at all. Even with such a simple config like this:

props.conf:

[crowdstrike:events:sensor]
TRANSFORMS-usb = do_not_index

transforms.conf:

[do_not_index]
REGEX = .
DEST_KEY = queue
FORMAT = nullQueue

Where I expected all the events to be dropped, it does not get applied and all the events except what is configured with the Event Filter in the add-on are ingested into Splunk.

Am I missing anything there? Is it even possible to filter events more in detail with Splunk Add-on for Crowdstrike FDR based on the raw data of events?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

m_pham
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I might be wrong but can you try putting your configs under this stanza?

props.conf

[forward_to_crowdstrike_fdr_ta]

View solution in original post

m_pham
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I might be wrong but can you try putting your configs under this stanza?

props.conf

[forward_to_crowdstrike_fdr_ta]

fredd
Explorer

That is the right answer, thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...