All Apps and Add-ons

How to delete directory in /bin of my app during upgrade

eddy20
Observer

Is there a way to delete a directory in the /bin directory of my app during the upgrade process?

I have an app that contains the /splunklib in the /bin directory, to be compliant with app inspect I have moved it to /lib. When I install the new version of my app with the upgrade option selected the existing /bin/splunklib directory still remains. After installation of the new version of my app there are now two copies of the splunklib, one in /bin and one in /lib directory.

So far the way I have been able to resolve the issue is to delete my app using: ./splunk remove app [appname] -auth :
Then install the new version of my app.

I would like my app upgrade process to take care of the work rather than requiring command line access to the splunk server.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...