All Apps and Add-ons

How to define minimum number of field values per event?

evallja
Path Finder

Hello everyone,

I have built a search that returns the email sender address as sender, its recipients list as recipient, and the number of emails received. One event looks like this:

sender                                                                        recipient                 nr of emails sent
user.sender@outsidecompany.com user1@company.com 16
                                                                          user2@company.com
                                                                         user3@company.com
                                                                         user4@company.com
                                                                         user5@company.com
                                                                         user6@company.com
                                                                         user7@company.com

I want to define the recipient field values to be 10 recipients or more because let's say I'm not interested to see outside emails from a sender that has sent an email to less than 10 people inside company.com.

Do you have any idea?

Best regards.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Add this to your current search

| where mvcount(recipient)>=10

View solution in original post

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Add this to your current search

| where mvcount(recipient)>=10
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...