All Apps and Add-ons

How to create a dropdown with a list of selected Dimension and associated values?

AzmathShaik
Path Finder

Hello All

We are using splunk_app_infrastructure where we have created additional dimensions .
I want to create a drop down where I pick a dimension and display values associated with it-
as shown in the image.

alt text

Thanks in Advance
~AZ

0 Karma

pwu_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you want an inside look at the sausage-making factory, it's something we made in React for SAI. It's React code that uses REST endpoints for entity and dimension information. Unfortunately, I don't think it's available for you to use on a Splunk dashboard.

0 Karma

AzmathShaik
Path Finder

Thanks for reply. might need to figure out some other way

0 Karma

pwu_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I'm not sure I understand the problem exactly. Where are you creating this dropdown and for what purpose?

0 Karma

pwu_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I'm not sure I understand the problem exactly. Where are you creating this dropdown and for what purpose?

0 Karma

AzmathShaik
Path Finder

i am trying to create my own dashboard where i can display host metrics. to do this i want to group the hosts based of roles. role of the server is mapped to component key.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...