All Apps and Add-ons

How to create a custom .conf file to store alert action default variables?

martinpu
Communicator

Hi,

I have a setup page for my custom app which I'm using to store secrets - username/password combination, I'm using javascript for that but I'm not experienced in JS.

I would also like to create or modify a custom .conf file which would contain some default variables for my alert_action like a couple urls for authentication and submitting events. I wouldn't want to hard-code these values and want to be able to update them with a webpage so all new settings would apply to all the custom alert actions as the default.

Are there guides on how to do this or perhaps someone has a working example with both secret creation/storage/updating and variable creation/updating in a custom .conf file?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

martinpu
Communicator

I found a working example in this app:
https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/4104

So if someone else is looking for information about how to edit .conf files using javascript, in the advanced part there is an example under:
Editing .conf Files from Javascript

There are lots of other great examples there on how to work with javascript in Splunk 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Karma

martinpu
Communicator

I found a working example in this app:
https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/4104

So if someone else is looking for information about how to edit .conf files using javascript, in the advanced part there is an example under:
Editing .conf Files from Javascript

There are lots of other great examples there on how to work with javascript in Splunk 🙂

0 Karma

johnhuang
Motivator

This sounds like something you can do with Splunk Add-on Builder.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...