All Apps and Add-ons

How to configure the DCN for vCenter performance data in Splunk Add-on for VMware?

tiagofbmm
Influencer

Configuring the DCN for vCenter performance data. Anytime I try to access the configuration page for the VMWare Add-on, I receive the message: "To enable this system to be used as a data collection scheduler, add the "splunk_vmware_admin" role to the admin account." I do have the admin role inheriting from splunk_vmware_admin and this last role has admin_all_objects.

Anyone had the same issue?

1 Solution

adonio
Ultra Champion

maybe try and add the role directly to the user / group?

View solution in original post

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

maybe try and add the role directly to the user / group?

0 Karma

tiagofbmm
Influencer

Yes that works. Found out the python script verifying this is checking the role itself hard coded, instead of checking any inheritances...

Thanks anyway

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...