All Apps and Add-ons

How to configure aws description api for us-govcloud east for metadata?

cnicebaby

I am trying to setup the add-on on the heavy forwarder to bring in the following information below for both west and east gov cloud regions.

• ec2_volumes ec2_instances ec2_reserved_instances ebs_snapshots classic_load_balancers application_load_balancers vpcs vpc_network_acls cloudfront_distributions vpc_subnets rds_instances ec2_key_pairs ec2_security_groups ec2_images ec2_addresses lambda_functions s3_buckets iam_users

Details:

Add-On Version: 4.6.0
Installed: Heavy Forwarder
Configured in the GUI for AWS GovCloud (US) for the region.
Uses an Assumed Role for EC2 Metadata based on Permissions outlined in the Add-On Guide. And trusted entity of "The identity provider(s) ec2.amazonaws.com"

We have EC2 assets in both the west and east regions, but when I configure this input, it only seems to pull in west region data and nothing from east. Anyone know why that is? Is there an underlying issue with the script, a limitation of gov cloud or something else entirely? The permissions are global, so I would not think that would be an issue as it is in the same account. Any help is much appreciated.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...