All Apps and Add-ons

How to configure aws description api for us-govcloud east for metadata?

cnicebaby

I am trying to setup the add-on on the heavy forwarder to bring in the following information below for both west and east gov cloud regions.

• ec2_volumes ec2_instances ec2_reserved_instances ebs_snapshots classic_load_balancers application_load_balancers vpcs vpc_network_acls cloudfront_distributions vpc_subnets rds_instances ec2_key_pairs ec2_security_groups ec2_images ec2_addresses lambda_functions s3_buckets iam_users

Details:

Add-On Version: 4.6.0
Installed: Heavy Forwarder
Configured in the GUI for AWS GovCloud (US) for the region.
Uses an Assumed Role for EC2 Metadata based on Permissions outlined in the Add-On Guide. And trusted entity of "The identity provider(s) ec2.amazonaws.com"

We have EC2 assets in both the west and east regions, but when I configure this input, it only seems to pull in west region data and nothing from east. Anyone know why that is? Is there an underlying issue with the script, a limitation of gov cloud or something else entirely? The permissions are global, so I would not think that would be an issue as it is in the same account. Any help is much appreciated.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...