All Apps and Add-ons

How to configure authentication in REST API Modular Input?

felipecerda
Path Finder

Hi,

I just installed the REST API Modular Input add-on in my Splunk Enterprise environment.
I'm trying to input data from the Usabilla.com REST API using this add-on, but I'm having a problem that I believe has to do with the authentication.

Usabilla provides a client access key and a secret key, but I can't find an option in the REST API Modular Input add-on that allows me to put these 2 keys to get it to work.

The options are basic, digest, oauth1, oauth2 and custom. What do I have to choose? All of them open a new set of fields to complete, and none of them seem to work with the access and private keys I have.

Has anyone been able to set this up correctly?

Thanks in advance.
Felipe

0 Karma
1 Solution

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

You'll likely need to create a custom auth handler.

There are examples in the rest_ta/bin/authhandlers.py script.

So create your custom handler in this script by adding a class , then declare this class to be applied in the setup screen when you select "custom".

The python logic in your custom authentication handler class will depend on whatever the specification for the security protocol is as per Usabilla's documentation, http://developers.usabilla.com/#def-api-credentials

View solution in original post

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

You'll likely need to create a custom auth handler.

There are examples in the rest_ta/bin/authhandlers.py script.

So create your custom handler in this script by adding a class , then declare this class to be applied in the setup screen when you select "custom".

The python logic in your custom authentication handler class will depend on whatever the specification for the security protocol is as per Usabilla's documentation, http://developers.usabilla.com/#def-api-credentials

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...