All Apps and Add-ons

How to configure Windows DNS Analytical and Diagnostic Logs add-on to get the logs in Splunk?

cristibe

Hi,

I'm already running the Windows 2012 R2 setup, but how can I get the logs in Splunk? Also, can I use DNS Analytics as a graphical interface?

Thanks.

0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The latter answer is 'Yes, I believe so.' I looked at that app and it does appear to be a graphical look at a lot of your DNS stuff.

For the former, you will probably want the Splunk Add-on for Windows DNS.

While it may be more work, I had set up the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure and found it very useful. It contains the DNS add-on mentioned above. And, just a note that while it's more work to get set up, nothing in that setup is particularly hard there's just a fair amount to it. It is well documented which always makes it easier!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...