All Apps and Add-ons

How to configure Splunk DB Connect 3.3 to connect to Oracle OCI DB?

rlmalci
Explorer

Trying to connect to Oracle 18c db, I have followed the instructions in the troubleshooting guide https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/3.3.0/DeployDBX/Troubleshooting "Connect Splunk DB Connect to Oracle Wallet environments using ojdbc8" without any luck.

I'm getting the following error "[dw-58 - POST /api/connections/status] ERROR io.dropwizard.jersey.errors.LoggingExceptionMapper - Error handling a request: 2a01705792fdb22a java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at com.splunk.dbx.connector.logger.AuditLogger.replace(AuditLogger.java:50)
at com.splunk.dbx.connector.logger.AuditLogger.error(AuditLogger.java:44)" regardless of what I put in the connection string which leads me to believe that the message is just disguising the real issue. I have the logs set to "DEBUG" but no information other than the null pointer exception mentioned above. I am able to connect to the DB from the server using sqlplus and show the connection string using tnsping.

pench2k19
Explorer

Even i am facing the same issue when i am trying to establish a connection between MSSQL database and splunk HF.

can anyone help

0 Karma

fman82
Explorer

I have same problem when using the Lenses.io SQL Driver (https://docs.lenses.io/dev/jdbc/index.html)

2020-04-19 14:13:12.856 +0000  [dw-57 - POST /api/connections/status] ERROR io.dropwizard.jersey.errors.LoggingExceptionMapper - Error handling a request: 103747235521985d
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
    at com.splunk.dbx.connector.logger.AuditLogger.replace(AuditLogger.java:50)
    at com.splunk.dbx.connector.logger.AuditLogger.error(AuditLogger.java:44)
    at com.splunk.dbx.server.api.service.database.impl.DatabaseMetadataServiceImpl.getStatus(DatabaseMetadataServiceImpl.java:159)
    at com.splunk.dbx.server.api.service.database.impl.DatabaseMetadataServiceImpl.getConnectionStatus(DatabaseMetadataServiceImpl.java:116)
    at com.splunk.dbx.server.api.resource.ConnectionResource.getConnectionStatusOfEntity(ConnectionResource.java:72)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.internal.ResourceMethodInvocationHandlerFactory.lambda$static$0(ResourceMethodInvocationHandlerFactory.java:52)
    at org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.internal.AbstractJavaResourceMethodDispatcher$1.run(AbstractJavaResourceMethodDispatcher.java:124)
    at org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.internal.AbstractJavaResourceMethodDispatcher.invoke(AbstractJavaResourceMethodDispatcher.java:167)
    at org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.internal.JavaResourceMethodDispatcherProvider$TypeOutInvoker.doDispatch(JavaResourceMethodDispatcherProvider.java:219)

I just can't the driver to appear as installed with db_connection_types.conf :

[lenses-jdbc]
displayName = LensesJdbc
serviceClass = com.splunk.dbx2.DefaultDBX2JDBC
jdbcDriverClass = io.lenses.jdbc4.LensesDriver
jdbcUrlFormat = jdbc:lsql:kafka:http://<host>:<port>
testQuery = SELECT amount FROM cc_payments LIMIT 1
database = na
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...