All Apps and Add-ons

How to configure Platform Advisor for BMC Remedy in Splunk Enterprise

jk0061444
Explorer

Hi All

I'm trying to use the "Platform Advisor for BMC Remedy" splunk Add-ons for BMC Remedy in Splunk Enterprise.

below are the steps followed but not able to see the anything in dashboard

step 1: Downloaded Platform Advisor for BMC Remedy splunk add-ons
step 2: Placed the files under %SPLUNK_HOME%\etc\apps<>
step 3: able to see the bmc app in the url
step 4: changed input.cong in below folder locations as shown below

D:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\platform_advisor_remedy\appserver\addons\rpa-inputs-ta\default
D:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\platform_advisor_remedy\default

input.conf

[monitor://D:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\Arserver\Db\arerror.log]
disabled = false
sourcetype = remedy_arerror

[monitor://D:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\Arserver\Db\armonitor.log]
disabled = false
sourcetype = remedy_armonitor

Note: have installed splunk enterprise on the same server where BMC Remedy AR is installed

questions:
1) let me know if any steps i have missed out so that i can view the data
2) what about mid-tier configuration , have mid-tier on different server , how should i proceed for it

[monitor:///opt/remedy_data/mid-tier/]
disabled = true
sourcetype = remedy_midtier

Please help me out in resolving the issue

0 Karma
1 Solution

jk0061444
Explorer

found the solution after below changes its working fine

Copy the default inputs.conf file from D:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\platform_advisor_remedy\default to D:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\platform_advisor_remedy\local

In default folder you would be having inputs.conf.example file modify to inputs.conf and make the changes as required

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jk0061444
Explorer

found the solution after below changes its working fine

Copy the default inputs.conf file from D:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\platform_advisor_remedy\default to D:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\platform_advisor_remedy\local

In default folder you would be having inputs.conf.example file modify to inputs.conf and make the changes as required

0 Karma

rick_chen

Hi JK,

We no longer offer support for this product. However, as a quick debug tip:

--restart splunk and check the internal logs in %SPLUNK_HOME%\var\log\splunk\splunkd.log for any errors or warnings.
--Splunk is case sensitive, check the path and filename
--Maybe the splunk service doesn't has read permissions on the file/folder, check permissions

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...