All Apps and Add-ons

How to configure Lookup File Editor App for Splunk Enterprise to be called from other app's navigation menu?

apezuela
Explorer

Hi,

I want to call to "Lookup File Editor App for Splunk Enterprise" from another app. The idea is when you press over the option, launch lookup editor, and a specific cvs file.

It was working in old version of "lookup editor" but now it is not working. My navigation menu was:

'href="/app/Servicios/lookup_edit?path=myapp/mycustom.csv">Edit cvs'

Thank you

0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi apezuela,
in your default.xml you have to put

<a href="/app/lookup_editor/lookup_edit?owner=nobody&amp;namespace=yourapp&amp;lookup=yourlookup&amp;type=csv">Lookup Name</a>

You can see the correct command in your browser URL.
Bye.
Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi apezuela,
in your default.xml you have to put

<a href="/app/lookup_editor/lookup_edit?owner=nobody&amp;namespace=yourapp&amp;lookup=yourlookup&amp;type=csv">Lookup Name</a>

You can see the correct command in your browser URL.
Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

gwobben
Communicator

You might want to try something along these lines:

/lookup_edit?owner=<OWNER OF THE CSV>&namespace=<APP OF THE CSV>&lookup=<THE LOOKUP FILE>.csv&type=csv

So in your case (I'm guessing here):

/lookup_edit?owner=nobody&namespace=myapp&lookup=mycustom.csv&type=csv
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...