All Apps and Add-ons

How to configure Hunk to read Sequence files?

driekhof
Path Finder

Our Hadoop data is in sequence file format (Lz4 compression).

I've configured Hunk on a Cloudera Quickstart VM, and pointed a virtual index to an HDFS parent directory of our data. The data is in sequence file format.

It looks like it it's trying to parse out events, it just does it incorrectly. The events come back as HEX gibberish mostly, with a few readable words.

How do I configure Hunk so it knows these are sequence files??

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

driekhof
Path Finder

I found the problem -- in the virtual index provider tab, there is a setting for a regex to match sequence files:

vix.splunk.search.recordreader.sequence.regex

Our files didn't match the default setting ".seq$". I changed it to match our files, and now it works.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

driekhof
Path Finder

I found the problem -- in the virtual index provider tab, there is a setting for a regex to match sequence files:

vix.splunk.search.recordreader.sequence.regex

Our files didn't match the default setting ".seq$". I changed it to match our files, and now it works.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...