All Apps and Add-ons

How to configure Character Set Encoding when using Splunk DB Connect?

Amirahussein
Path Finder

Dears,

I am getting data from database using Splunk DB Connect, the data is stored in Arabic and needs to be encoded in Splunk.
I have edited props.conf with the character set configuration as below, but the data still appear

I tried all below configurations
1:
[sourcetype]
CHARSET= CP1256
2:
[sourcetype]
CHARSET= ISO-8859-6
3:
[sourcetype]
CHARSET= AUTO

cdpascariu
Engager

Hi Amirahussein,

I got into the same issue with names being retrieved correctly from the DB but not being properly indexed. After some digging I found that I had some extra parameters to the JVM Options, restart the Task Server (JAVA) and everything was back to normal again.

The JVM options are:
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
-DdefaultCharset=UTF-8

This worked in my case. Hopefully that will help you. Maybe in your case should be some Arabic CHARSET.

--Chip

mikaelbje
Motivator

Thanks for this. Solved my charset issues after upgrading to DB Connect 3.0.2 from 2.4.0

Amirahussein
Path Finder

Dears,

please note that the right mapping (character set ) needed is "windows-1265" which will map the Arabic massage correctly when being input from external database

after looking/searching in the documentation i found only the below codes:

Language Code
Arabic CP1256
Arabic ISO-8859-6

so any suggestion please

Amira

0 Karma

rashid47010
Communicator

hi
how to add both language codes in props.conf file

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...