All Apps and Add-ons

How to configure CT Logs with proxy?

owltechtn

How do I enable the proxy within the CT Logs add on? Evidently, Splunk add-ons have to have their own proxy support and don’t just natively consume what has been configured at the Splunk Enterprise server/instance level.

0 Karma
1 Solution

jorritf
Path Finder

Sorry for the late reply. I'll add proxy support to the add-on in the coming weeks.
You can follow the progress in this Github issue: https://github.com/jorritfolmer/TA-ct-log/issues/2

View solution in original post

0 Karma

owltechtn

Some reason I am still having the same type issues implementing it without having to have the original installation included.

0 Karma

owltechtn

Success, I was able to deploy the proxy. Thank you.

alt text

0 Karma

owltechtn

Cannot save proxy settings.

Both add-ons (old and new) are required to make the new one work. If I remove the old one, new one is giving a page load error.

Also, when trying to save the proxy details, the page is hanging at saving mode but unable to finish the job.

0 Karma

jorritf
Path Finder

Ok I fixed the root-cause of this error (on Github for now). It has to do with the way I set the proxy configuration. The way I implemented it would also cause Splunk internal calls to go through the proxy which is obviously wrong.
So I re-implemented proxy support.
I've tested it with a Squid proxy in my testlab, and it works properly now.

0 Karma

owltechtn

Getting the following 500 error:

2019-04-02 08:36:20,391 INFO [5ca365511f1eb55bdb588] error:324 - 500 Internal Server Error The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
2019-04-02 08:36:20,391 ERROR [5ca365511f1eb55bdb588] error:325 - Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\cherrypy_cprequest.py", line 606, in respond
cherrypy.response.body = self.handler()
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\splunk\appserver\mrsparkle\lib\htmlinjectiontoolfactory.py", line 72, in wrapper
resp = handler(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\cherrypy_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in call
return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\splunk\appserver\mrsparkle\lib\routes.py", line 366, in default
return route.target(self, **kw)
File "<string>", line 1, in <lambda>
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\splunk\appserver\mrsparkle\lib\decorators.py", line 38, in rundecs
return fn(*a, **kw)
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\splunk\appserver\mrsparkle\lib\decorators.py", line 119, in check
return fn(self, *a, **kw)
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\splunk\appserver\mrsparkle\lib\decorators.py", line 167, in validate_ip
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\splunk\appserver\mrsparkle\lib\decorators.py", line 394, in handle_exceptions
File "<string>", line 47, in list
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\splunk_app_stream\bin\splunk_app_stream\models\stream.py", line 711, in list
base_streams = app_streams['splunk_app_stream']
KeyError: 'splunk_app_stream'

0 Karma

jorritf
Path Finder

Sorry for the late reply. I'll add proxy support to the add-on in the coming weeks.
You can follow the progress in this Github issue: https://github.com/jorritfolmer/TA-ct-log/issues/2

0 Karma

jorritf
Path Finder

Implemented proxy support. The configure screen now has an extra tab for proxy stuff.
Only on Github for now. I'll release it on Splunkbase after positive feedback

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...