All Apps and Add-ons

How to check version of all apps and add-ons installed on Splunk via CLI ?

kishor_pinjark2
Path Finder

I want to see details like below:

Folder Name App or Add-on Name Version Status
SA-ldapsearch Splunk Supporting Add-on for Active Directory 2.1.2 Enabled

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Super Champion

Hi @kishor_pinjarkar,
Try this rest command as suggested by @MuS-

| rest /services/apps/local | search disabled=0 core=0|dedup label  | table label version

View solution in original post

raventura
Observer

is there a command where we can get app versions across the Splunk cloud environment? get app versions from SH, IDX, DS, HF/UF, etc. 

Many thanks!

0 Karma

Super Champion

Hi @kishor_pinjarkar,
Try this rest command as suggested by @MuS-

| rest /services/apps/local | search disabled=0 core=0|dedup label  | table label version

kishor_pinjark2
Path Finder

Thanks Team.

However, I am getting below error:

:prodlaa@XXXXXX:/opt/splunk/bin
$ | rest /services/apps/local | search disabled=0 core=0 | dedup lable | table lable version
-ksh: syntax error: `|' unexpected

0 Karma

jaracan
Communicator

You should run the SPL query command on the Splunk searchead search, not on the CLI terminal.

0 Karma

Super Champion

have a look at comment https://answers.splunk.com/answers/259842/how-to-search-a-list-of-all-enabled-apps-in-splunk.html
$SPLUNK_HOME/bin:

./splunk search "| rest /services/apps/local | search disabled=0 | table label version" -uri https://MyHeavyWeightForwarder:8089

kishor_pinjark2
Path Finder

I am aware of the command splunk display app...

However, not able to find version of all, at once via CLI.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...