All Apps and Add-ons

How to associate the required winfra-admin user role for Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure setup using Splunk Free?

dlpco
Path Finder

The winfra-admin user role REQUIRED for Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure setup. I am running the FREE version so how do I get the ne role associated with the admin user?

0 Karma

malmoore
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You cannot run the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure on Splunk Free. It must run on Splunk Enterprise.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/MSApp/latest/MSInfra/Platformandhardwarerequirements#What_versi...

0 Karma

dlpco
Path Finder

Is that something new in Version 1.1.1??? Previous versions worked and I bet that this one would as well if there was a way to assign the new role created by the install to the admin user.

0 Karma

dlpco
Path Finder

BTW... I am running Splunk on a LINUX machine using the Splunk_TA_Windows version 4.7.3 on the Windows machine I am monitoring. It is a standalone machine running stuff that I need to keep an eye on and is not a member AD.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...