All Apps and Add-ons

How to associate the required winfra-admin user role for Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure setup using Splunk Free?

dlpco
Path Finder

The winfra-admin user role REQUIRED for Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure setup. I am running the FREE version so how do I get the ne role associated with the admin user?

0 Karma

malmoore
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You cannot run the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure on Splunk Free. It must run on Splunk Enterprise.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/MSApp/latest/MSInfra/Platformandhardwarerequirements#What_versi...

0 Karma

dlpco
Path Finder

Is that something new in Version 1.1.1??? Previous versions worked and I bet that this one would as well if there was a way to assign the new role created by the install to the admin user.

0 Karma

dlpco
Path Finder

BTW... I am running Splunk on a LINUX machine using the Splunk_TA_Windows version 4.7.3 on the Windows machine I am monitoring. It is a standalone machine running stuff that I need to keep an eye on and is not a member AD.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...