All Apps and Add-ons

How to add the data of switches and routers into the Cisco Networks App for Splunk Enterprise?

splunkfly

How to configure adding the data of switches and routers into the Cisco Networks App for Splunk Enterprise?

0 Karma

gmerhej_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Along with the App, you'll need to install the "Cisco Networks Add-on" and to use the sourcetype cisco:ios for the Syslog data sent from the switches and routers.

0 Karma

splunkfly

I have logs data stored on Syslog-ng ---->universal forwarder----> splunk Server
I couldn't find the feature sourcetype cisco:ios for the Syslog data sent from the switches and routers.
The Networks App looks great but I Need input the data from syslog server to splunk app, that's the challenging. If you can be help me with bit more information would helps me a lot.

0 Karma

gmerhej_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You will need to manually define the sourcetype in the inputs.conf under the monitor stanza:

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.0/Data/Bypassautomaticsourcetypeassignment

0 Karma

splunkfly

is this path is correct where inputs.conf file located ?? (Splunk_Home/etc/system/local/inputs.conf)

0 Karma

gmerhej_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

There are many inputs.conf. However, it's better to do the configuration in Splunk_Home/etc/apps/search/local/inputs.conf

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...