All Apps and Add-ons

How to add a filter to a dashboard in Palo Alto Networks App for Splunk?

heathramos
Path Finder

I was wondering if it was possible to add a filter to one of the dashboards in the Palo Alto Networks App for Splunk?

I want to be able to filter the traffic dashboard by src_zone.

I can, of course, drilldown and filter within the search but I want the filter to be on the dashboard.

I have never created or altered a dashboard before.

0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

I would make a copy of it and edit that. Go to Settings -> Searches, Reports, and Alerts -> select your app in the App Context listbox in the upper-left -> in the search bar on the upper-right, search for your dashboard, when you find it -> Clone -> then click Run -> then Edit and go from there.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

I would make a copy of it and edit that. Go to Settings -> Searches, Reports, and Alerts -> select your app in the App Context listbox in the upper-left -> in the search bar on the upper-right, search for your dashboard, when you find it -> Clone -> then click Run -> then Edit and go from there.

0 Karma

heathramos
Path Finder

I can't find that dashboard in Settings -> Searches, Reports, and Alerts

If I go back to the dashboard within the app and select edit permissions, I get the following info:

Dashboard: Traffic Dashboard
Owner: nobody
App: SplunkforPaloAltoNetworks

Not sure where to find it.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

When you run the dashboard, take the string on the URL bar from the last / through to the ? and that is the name of the dashboard. Then go to Searches, Reports, and Alerts and paste that name string in the search box.

Alternatively, replace everything after the ? with showsource=true and copy the XML and then just paste it into your own "new" dashboard.

0 Karma

heathramos
Path Finder

I was able to clone it, find the cloned dashboard and alter the XML but how do you add it to the menus so I can run the customized version within the app?

0 Karma

heathramos
Path Finder

nevermind...got that to work

had to add the view to the user interface

thanks for the help

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...