All Apps and Add-ons

How to access Splunk "Manager"?

avilandau
Path Finder

While I can see the App management screen, or the setting menu of all knowledge object I can't see how to access what is referred to as "Manager". I could see couple of samples screen that show "Splunk > Manager > SetupScreen" but nothing on the App management or any of the setting knowledge object has this facility.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

"Manager" is a pre-Splunk 6 term. It's now called "Settings".

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

avilandau
Path Finder

I'm really just experimenting for now. I'm working as "admin" so I supposedly have access to everything. I've created a small [simple] app with some simple dashboards (i shows and acts correctly. I then wanted to expand on it so I created some navigation based on the documentation (step 6 - http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/AdvancedDev/BuildNavigation). The next step, 7, is setup screen (http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/AdvancedDev/SetupApp) which cause the confusion of the "manager" (i.e. the screenshot in the documentation doesn't match 6.2.1) and I couldn't find any place an item called "action" that this documentation refer to. Anyway, I looked at another App (SA for *nix) and I saw that if I put setup.xml I can refer in the navigation to bring up that screen but that is part of the application itself rather than admin building the page. I'm okay with that concept as long as I know that I'm not missing a feature where I can build the setup screen using the Splunk Web.

0 Karma

avilandau
Path Finder

Thanks. So my conclusion about the setup screen is correct? i.e. the only way to build a setup screen is creating manually setup.xml (based on the rules in the document) and actually use it in the app itself?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That's correct. The GUI does not offer a means to create a setup screen.

---
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Sounds like a documentation bug. Fill in the feedback form at the bottom of the documentation page. Splunk is pretty good about fixing the docs.

---
0 Karma

avilandau
Path Finder

This is what I thought. What about the SetupScreen for the App? I couldn't see any way to get to the screenshot I saw in the documentation.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Do you have permission to access that page? What app are we talking about?

---
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...