All Apps and Add-ons

How to Update/Change Contact Details on Splunk.com/Splunkbase

michael_bates_1
Path Finder

How do we get the contact details of "My Profile" on splunk.com account changed.
There are links to edit the profile, but nothing seems to allow you to update your contact details.
It appears that this has been a long outstanding feature that has not been implemented.

Tags (2)
0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi michael.bates.1,

I'm still able to do so, maybe @ppablo_splunk or @oprokhorenko_splunk can help with this issue?

cheers, MuS

0 Karma

michael_bates_1
Path Finder

Thanks MuS.
Unfortunately, this is not a suitable answer. Emailing random people within an organisation is not acceptable for something that should be able to be performed by the end user.

I have checked, rechecked again and again, and there is no way for a user to edit their contact information (eg address, state, etc).

The only items I can edit are my email and my phone.

mattevans3923
Engager

I see this is still not something we the customer can update.

hhunsinger_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Please contact support@splunk.com and they should be able to help you out.

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Now I see your problem. Yeah it's a bit of a mess and really not the best end user experience. I had this problem before where the two accounts from splunk.com and answers where not linked properly. It took some months to get it fixed. Shall I ask for you how this can be fixed and whom to contact?

Just remember, I don't work for Splunk but have contacts into Splunk ....

cheers, MuS

0 Karma

michael_bates_1
Path Finder

Thanks MuS, As a pertner, I have contact also. I was hoping the community may have seen something like this elsewhere.

I think there is something really screwed up int he backends somewhere.

I will take this up with our partner account mgr.

Thanks Again.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...