All Apps and Add-ons

How to Clone an App?

boommen
Engager

Hi
I need to close an app. For example I have app1 I need to clone it to app2. What is the best way to do this

0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @boommen

I think there is no option to "clone" an app in the UI. But you can create a folder app2 and copy all the files and folders from app1 to app2. If app1 has special configuration which mentioned app1 as app configurations then you have to change app1 to app2 in all configuration files like. app.conf OR savedsearch.conf.

Let me know if any further help required.
Thanks

boommen
Engager

Thanks Kamelesh. I was able to copy app1 to app2. But none of the reports in app1 is showing up in app2. How do I do that ?

0 Karma

Super Champion
  1. stop the splunk by running splunk stop in cmd prompt at $SPLUNK_HOME$/bin/
  2. Copy app folder from $SPLUNK_HOME$/etc/apps/<app_name> and paste at same location i.e. $SPLUNK_HOME$/etc/apps/ and rename folder name
  3. Start splunk by running splunk start
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...