All Apps and Add-ons

How does the sliding window method work?

rosho
Communicator

Hi

I am not sure how the "Sliding window" method work.

Let's assume I have a dataset of number of logins by hour.

a) A window of 24hours to predict the next 24h?

b) A window of 24h to predict the next 1h?

Thank you

0 Karma
1 Solution

grana_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I would recommend you to check our new blog on MLTK 4.3 which has a new Smart assistant and an example on maximum number of logins. https://www.splunk.com/blog/2019/06/03/what-s-new-in-the-splunk-machine-learning-toolkit-4-3.html

View solution in original post

0 Karma

grana_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I would recommend you to check our new blog on MLTK 4.3 which has a new Smart assistant and an example on maximum number of logins. https://www.splunk.com/blog/2019/06/03/what-s-new-in-the-splunk-machine-learning-toolkit-4-3.html

0 Karma

rosho
Communicator

The problem is that when I update Splunk MLTK, the metrics (ex, RMSE in the Forecasting showcase) no longer appear.

0 Karma

grana_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Can you share your MLTK version? Also, did you checked Experiment History option. It saves your old execution results

0 Karma

rosho
Communicator

4.2.0 shows the metrics

Then I upgraded to the latest one and now I do not see the metrics.

0 Karma

grana_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Use the Experiment not showcase.

Click on Experiments--> Click on Forecasting Assistant and then your history will be saved.

Showcase is just to show and guide user and its for example purpose. Experiments will retain your previous history.

0 Karma

grana_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Can you add more detail to your question? is it about forecasting or prediction?

0 Karma

rosho
Communicator

forecasting. I want to forecast the number of logins.
But I have divided my dataset in TRAIN and TEST. So it will be prediction for the TEST.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...