All Apps and Add-ons

How does one add the needed python library on a Heavy forwarder where one does not have root access?

jmantor
Path Finder

I don't have root access to install pyrrd in the usual module path.
How can I use via the scripted input in an alternate location?

0 Karma

Jeremiah
Motivator

You can install the module into the user's .local directory. Download and untar the python library, then run:

python setup.py install --user

Do this as the user you run splunk as. This will install the library into that user's ~/.local directory, which python will search automatically.

Alternatively, you can run that command, then move the resulting pyrrd directory in the ~/.local directory into the same directory as the script, because the script should search the local directory when it runs.

mv ~/.local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/PyRRD-0.1.0-py2.6.egg/pyrrd /opt/splunk/etc/apps/rrd_app/bin/
0 Karma

Arcite
Explorer

you might want to fix the typos in your question, it took me a few reads to realize "How does on add" was actually "How does one add", I'd edit for you but I guess I don't have high enough karma to do so

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...