All Apps and Add-ons

How do you turn off email alerts from the "Python Upgrade Readiness App"?

Bomo2023
Explorer

I've recently upgraded to Splunk version 8.2.2.1 and this morning Splunk sent out an email to all Splunk admins giving results of a scan from the "Python Upgrade Readiness App".

I have the results of the scan already, and can run the scan myself if I need to. How do I turn off the email alerts?

Documentation (https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.2/UpgradeReadiness/Emails) says to do the following:

1. Navigate to the Python or jQuery tab in the Upgrade Readiness App. Email notifications for Python and jQuery are controlled separately on their respective tabs.
  2. Select Modify Weekly Email Notification and edit your settings for each scan.

But I don't have these Python or jQuery tabs in my Upgrade Readiness App. There doesn't seem to be anywhere to modify these settings.

Could anyone let me know how to do this?

Labels (3)
0 Karma

Stefanie
Builder

Other than disabling the app you can try to add this into $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/python_upgrade_readiness_app/local/inputs.conf 

[script://$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/python_upgrade_readiness_app/bin/pura_send_email.py]
interval = 0 6 * * 1
passAuth = admin
python.version = python3
sourcetype = script
disabled = 1

the disabled = 1 should disable that feature. 

koyachi
Explorer

Hi

@Stefanie I performed the steps however i continue to receive emails.  Disabled tag is already set to 1 in inputs.conf. 

Is there any other config responsible for sending these emails? 

When i try to disable it from frontend, i see below error so cant turn it off

" Error occurred while fetching email switch details from kvstore for user ****** "

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...